Sunday, October 2, 2016

Book Review: Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas

Type: Series
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Publication Date: September 6, 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Where To Get It: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository  

Click HereGoodreads

Summary: The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those who don't.

As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.


Aelin's journey from assassin to queen has entranced millions across the globe, and this fifth installment will leave fans breathless. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down?  

Review

If I haven't said this enough, then I will say it again, Sarah J. Maas is QUEEN. In my opinion, Empire of Storms is definitely by far the best book in the series. 

Empire of Storms is a pretty lengthy book and being the fifth book in a six-book series, a lot of shit definitely takes place. Aelin learns more about her past, what she has to do to defeat Erawan and secure her place as the Queen of Terrasen. As you can expect, our favorite assassin has a lot on her plate.

Looking back at the first book in the series, Aelin has really matured a lot from the spoiled, recently enslaved assassin that she was and became a queen in her own right and a powerful Fae. 

At the beginning of the series,  I wasn't 100% on Team Rowan, I acknowledged his presence and his relationship with Aelin, but that is pretty much it. NOW, after reading this book, I am all aboard the Rowan ship.

As we are on the topic of relationships, let's talk about some new relationships that have formed. One of them being Manon and Dorian. This one was kind of obvious already, starting from their interactions in QoS, but their relationship began to develop as their path intertwined more frequently. 

I thought that Aedion was in "love" with Aelin, but maybe I have misinterpreted the situation then so I am glad that Aedion has found a new girl to give him some happiness that he so deserves.

Empire of Storms was a steamier read than what I expected it to be, more like Sarah's NA series, but it wasn't too excessive that it was suffocating. It was well written and was very action packed. This book had me at the edge of my seats and I could only applaud the author on the spectacular effort she puts in creating this intricate world that so many people around the world have enjoyed.

At the end of this book, I felt a sense of loneliness in my heart, not that it was sad or anything, just that I have to wait another year for the next book. I felt more connected to the characters than I have ever felt before and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table in the final installment.

My Rating:

❀❀❀❀

4 comments:

  1. I agree - Maas is queen. I haven't read this one yet but plan to shortly. I've read the first four and I am just crazy about this series! Love, love, love. I was team Rowan for the start, when we first met him. I just knew it was going to go in that direction. Love my Fae Prince!
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE DO GET TO THIS BOOK. IT IS AMAZING! Rowan is slowly making his way into my heart and I don't know what to do! AHHH!

      Delete
  2. As soon as I seen your review on Blogger I had to click on it. I'm not sure why I've waited so long to read this series, I don't think I've EVER seen a bad review on any of her books! Great review! :)
    Miranda @ Miranda's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yess, I have never seen a bad review for her books. There is just something captivating about her books that everyone tends to like.

      Delete