Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Getting into Chinese Novels?!

Hey guys,

I haven't given much of an update until now so hopefully this will sorta explain why I haven't been posting a lot lately.  Ever since school has started, I haven't been able to read as much as I want to. I have been struggling with schoolwork as well as my clubs that reading and ultimately, blogging, has become extremely hard for me to control. I get extremely tired when I get home and it is just hard for me to balance my school and personal life.


So, now that I am a month into the school year, I think I am getting the hang of things now so make sure to expect some more posts from me!

I am someone who loves doing two things at once. I can't do my homework in silence or else I can't concentrate on what I am doing. What I usually do is listen to music or watch some TV shows. If you guys know me at all, I am a big fan of dramas, whether it's Korean, Thai, Japanese, or Chinese, I watch them all, if it catches my attention. One big Chinese drama that I watched this month was Love O2O.


Love O2O is about two extremely good looking people who met each other online. Then when they saw each other in real life, Wei Wei (female lead) finds out that they attend the same college and that Nai He (male lead's username) is actually the "college prince" of her school. 


It was a pretty cute and enjoyable drama, but if I were to be fairly honest, the acting wasn't that great. I became extremely addicted to this drama, not only because of the wonderful storyline but how gorgeous the main leads were. When it ended, I found out that it was initially a novel, so being a fangirl, I read the English translated version of the novel. As expected, I really marvelous.

The translated version wasn't the best since it was translated by fans, but the story was what drove me to it in the first place. Gu Man, the author of this novel is a pure genius. Love O2O was a fluffy read, and although not realistic, it is what anyone can ask for in a cute contemporary read. What I also generally liked about the novel is that there weren't any real conflicts or love triangles in the story, but it was still able to keep me entertained.


After reading Love O2O, I read Gu Man's other work Blazing Sunlight which I believe is the first book in a duology. Another contemporary, but this time it focuses on the relationship of a rich bubbly girl with her college crush and her handsome boss at her new job. Another cute read, but a little more dramatic which contradicts with the lightness of Love O2O. Still really enjoyed it and I can't wait for the second part to be released and translated. 

Gu Man is known to be a slow writer, hence her name (Man means slow), so who knows when this will be released. If this were to be made into a drama, I believe it would garner the same success as Love O2O.


These "novels" are a quick read and I was able to finish them in a day or two which is why I was able to read them during my free time instead of reading my other books on my reading list. I typically enjoy reading them which contradicts to the genres that I usually prefer (i.e. fantasy). Sometimes I really need to take a break from the real world and read something light that doesn't require a lot of thinking?

Reading these novels really opened up my mind to other types of books written in other countries. Definitely checking more of them out and I hope I can find some more that I can really enjoy. So far, I have been looking around the internet, but I couldn't find any that has caught my attention. Hopefully, I can find more soon and expand my mind a little.

That is all from me. Sorry if it may seem weirdly worded, I did this in the middle of the night so I didn't go over it.  Have a great day and I hope you enjoy this long post!

Cindy Da Readaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment