Thursday, August 4, 2016

Update Time: My Short Absence, Back to School, Subscription Boxes & More!

Hello everyone! It is good to be back on the internet. I have been disconnected from the web for less than a week but it felt like a lifetime. Wow. I did not notice how much technology has taken over our lives until now.

Besides not being able to access book world, being internet free was okay. I was able to finish my summer homework which I have been putting off for the entire summer now and with my brother being bored the last few days, I got him to finish The Son of Neptune which he started on two years ago! No big deal.

Back to School!

Anyway, August is here which means school is finally here! I actually love back to school season because of back to school shopping so I am typically very excited for that and also getting my schedule.

Instagrammin'

Like I mentioned before, because of my lack of computer use, I have been going onto Instagram quite a lot recently. Bookstagram is a wonderful community for book lovers so if you have not joined yet, than you definitely should! I swear everyone have amazing photography skills and I am so jealous! I know I say this all the time, but I have been trying to post more frequently on Instagram so I try to do a couple of challenges a month since on some days, I don't know what to post. So by doing a few challenges, I would still be posting everyday!

If you haven't already, follow me on Instagram @dareadaholic. LOL. Shameless promo here. :P

Also what do you think of the new "InstaSnap" on Instagram? Personally, I like it because my Snapchat is personal so this way I can show my updates!

Subscription Boxes

I blame Instagram for this but I have been very curious about subscription boxes so I decided to give it a try. So the two subscription boxes I got were from The Fan Empire and Bookly Box. Both a pretty inexpensive and seems like something I would be interested in. 

K-Dramas

So I am still watching Doctors, which is getting really interesting now, and W - Two Worlds, which is about a lady getting transported into a popular webtoon and falling in love with the hot main character. 

Questions for you:

Are any of you guys starting school? How do you balance your schoolwork and reading?

What do you think of the new feature of Instagram? Would you use it or would you stick to Snapchat instead?

What subscription boxes would you recommend? Would you try the ones that I mentioned?

That is all I have been up to lately so yeah. I almost forgot, I changed the theme of my blog which I hope you don't mind. The layout is mostly the same though so I think that is okay.


Cindy Da Readaholic.

4 comments:

  1. I’m also curious about subscription boxes, but I’ve never found one I liked and could afford. Good luck with the school year. I’m in graduate school, and they let me pick my own reading list for the most part, so that’s how I manage school and reading. I get to assign whatever books I want to myself.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I wish my english class would let me read whatever I want! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I have been considering getting a subscription box myself, but the cost has really deterred me . Maybe I will get one for my birthday or something. I hope that the school year treats you well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subscription Boxes tend to be very pricey so that's why I was very hesitant to try it as well. Hope you consider getting one in the future!

      Delete