Monday, August 8, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Websites/Organizations/Apps

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the BookishFor future Top  Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!

If I'm not on my phone, I would be on my computer so it is likely that I would be on many bookish website and/or apps everyday.

So here is my top ten bookish websites/organizations/apps that I love to use.
1. Goodreads
 Every book lover has one so this is a no-brainer here. I actually like the new layout; it is easier to navigate, but I haven't had a lot of time to get accustomed to the changes.

2. Wattpad
I love going on Wattpad whenever I am in a reading slump or if I just need something light and fluffy to read. Wattpad is definitely a wonderful community with great stories written by aspiring writers.

3. Kindle
Before Kindle, I used iBooks which is okay but then I switched to using the Kindle app and it was freaking amazing. Sure, iBooks was okay but Kindle was better since it is also connected to Amazon.

4. Amazon
Speaking of Amazon, I mostly buy my books from Amazon so I am adding that to the list.

5. Overdrive App
I just recently discovered this app, but I am already liking it. I get to borrow audiobooks and ebooks from my local library which is amazing! I don't know if all libraries uses it but you should definitely check. I haven't had a lot of time to actually use it, but with school coming up, I think I will have a lot of time to do so.

6. Instagram (Bookstagram)
Instagram, my new addiction. Ever since this summer, I have been more active on Instagram and I love seeing all these wonderful picture of books!

7. Epic Reads
I love Epic Reads. They have amazing content as well as amazing giveaways that they throw once in a while.

8. Netgalley
I go on Netgalley one or twice a month to see what amazing books they have added to the categories. I have been trying to get my Netgalley percentage up to 80% this year, but so far I am stuck at the 70% range.

That is all the bookish websites/apps that I use. Unfortunately, I don't have enough for 10 but I think that's okay.

If there are any bookish websites or apps that I haven't mentioned, please comment down below. I am always interested at any book-related content.



Cindy Da Readaholic.

8 comments:

  1. Goodreads is great although I'm terrible at updating there. Amazon of course and Wattpad I need to spend more time at. Epic Reads I'm not familiar with, will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True...I have a hard time updating on time, but I still love the website.

      Delete
  2. All wonderful bookish things! :-) I love Goodreads and NetGalley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I totally love these sites too! SO MUCH LOVE FOR GOODREADS. I think it's like THE best site on the internet sometimes hhaah. *hugs Goodreads* The organisation is just the best. But I'm also a complete sucker for Instagram and kindle and overdrive. <3 I loooove overdrive and it's so easy to use and just YAY.
    Good luck with getting your netgalley up to the 90s!! YOU CAN DO IT. :D I've nearly got mine at 100...which means I have no books requested haha, but it's so satisfying to have it that high that I nearly don't want to request! I know! I'm completely odd sometimes. XD
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol..And I definitely agree. GOODREADS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER BEEN GIVEN TO THE HUMAN RACE, BESIDES SLICED BREAD. I will continue to work on my Netgalley score and get it even higher. HWAITING!

      Delete
  4. I only use Amazon and Goodreads. Amazon I only have list of books I want to buy. and Good read I have over 2000 books I want to read. I usually go to the bottom of my Goodreads list to see what I have there to buy.
    I tried to use an APP to organized my books , but it was to complicated and I had too many books to scan.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard about Wattpad, but I don't really know what it's all about. I need to do more research! Great Top Ten Topic! :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Overdrive is one of my favorite apps! :)
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete