Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Quick Chat: My Highly Anticipated Book to Movie Adaptations of Fall 2016

I love watching book to movie adaptations and since there are some that are coming out this fall, I have compiled a list of adaptations that I should read before watching it in the theaters. 



Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Director: Tim Burton
Cast: Eva Green, Ella Purnell, Samuel L. Jackson
Release Date: September 30, 2016
Status: Post-Production
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? Sort of...Read the Graphic Novel
My Thoughts: I haven't read the book yet, but I did read the graphic novel and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully, I can read the book first before I watch the movie.


Trailer:








Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Director: David Yates
Cast: Ezra Miller, Eddie Redmayne, Colin Farrell
Release Date: Novemver 18, 2016
Status: Post-Production
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? Yes
My Thoughts: So excited for this movie. Can't wait to see the wizarding world in America!


Trailer:




A Monster Calls
Director: J.A. Bayona
Cast: Felicity Jones, Liam Neeson, Toby Kebbell
Release Date: October 21, 2016
Status: Completed
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? No



Trailer:




The Girl on the Train
Director: Tate Taylor 
Cast: Laura Prepon, Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson
Release Date: October 7, 2016
Status: Completed
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? Yes
My Thoughts: I was surprised that this was turning into a movie. I really enjoyed the book so I can't wait to see how it will appear on screen.


Trailer:






The Light Between Oceans
Director: Derek Cianfrance
Cast: Alicia Vikander, Michael Fassbender, Rachel Weisz
Release Date: September 2, 2016
Status: Completed
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? No
My Thoughts: I have never heard of this book before I did this post, but the trailer looks interesting enough and it has decent ratings on Goodreads.


Trailer: 

Before I Fall
Director: Ry Russo-Young 
Cast: Zoey Deutch, Elena Kampouris, Halston Sage
Release Date: N/A
Status: Post-Production
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? Yes
My Thoughts: Really want to see how this movie goes.

Trailer: N/A

To Be Announced

Fallen
Director: Scott Hicks
Cast: Addison Timlin, Lola Kirke, Joely Richardson
Release Date: N/A
Status: Completed
Info from: IMDB

Read the Book Yet? Yes

My Thoughts: The information surrounding this movie has been hush hush and after years it has been confirmed that filming has ended. Now we just have to wait for the release date. To be honest, I didn't really enjoy the book, but I am still excited to see the movie, probably because I am hoping I will enjoy it more than the book.

Trailer: N/A


Closing

That is all I have for today. I hope to see all of these movies soon and have a good day!



Cindy Da Readaholic.

5 comments:

  1. I am curious about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Both the book and the movie! Following! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children really has an interesting premise and nice to meet you too!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Miss Peregrine(cause its not my kind of genre) but I really want to watch the movie.
    And I am desperately waiting for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!
    Here's My FF
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting down till the release of Fantastic Beasts!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't leave a comment on your FF post, so leaving it here :) I haven't actually read all of the Harry Potter books, and haven't watched all of the movies, but so far I am enjoying what I have read/seen of both. And about this post, some of these movies do look pretty good. I didn't like Fallen either, so will probably be skipping that one. I feel like I'm in the minority that didn't like Before I Fall either, but maybe the movie will be good...guess I will have to wait for the trailer to come out to decide. Following you via Bloglovin'. You can check out my FF post HERE

    ReplyDelete