Saturday, July 23, 2016

Movie Review: The 5th Wave


Director: J. Blakeson
Release Date: January 22, 2016
Genre: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
Screenwriter: Susannah Grant, Akiva GoldsmanJeff Pinkner
Cast: Chloe Grace Moretz, Nick Robinson, Alex Roe
Based On: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Running Time: 110 minutes
Rating: PG-13
About: Four waves of increasingly deadly alien attacks have left most of Earth decimated. Cassie is on the run, desperately trying to save her younger brother.

Info from: IMDB


My Thoughts

To typically say that I didn't enjoy it is an understatement. The 5th Wave was one of my all time favorite books so I was really excited for this movie. It has a wonderful cast and the trailer just made me all that excited to watch the movie. However, I have heard many not-so-great things about the movie from others that have watched it earlier this year. I try to not let that influence my opinion about the movie, but as much as I hate to say it, I was really disappointed in the film adaptation.

It does follow closely to the book and I like that, but I just didn't think they did a great job bringing the book to the big screen. It was really hard to watch and the dialogue made me cringe. It is sad for me to say this, but after thirty minutes in, I stopped watching completely. It is such a shame that I didn't enjoy the movie, but I hope others had a better time watching than I did.

My Rating:

1 comment: