Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Book Review: The Revolution of Ivy (The Book of Ivy #2) by Amy Engel

Type: Series
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult
Publication Date: November 3, 2015
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Source: Audiobook
Where To Get It: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository  

Click HereGoodreads

Summary:  Ivy Westfall is beyond the fence and she is alone. Abandoned by her family and separated from Bishop Lattimer, Ivy must find a way to survive on her own in a land filled with countless dangers, both human and natural. She has traded a more civilized type of cruelty--forced marriages and murder plots--for the bare-knuckled brutality required to survive outside Westfall's borders.

But there is hope beyond the fence, as well. And when Bishop reappears in Ivy's life, she must decide if returning to Westfall to take a final stand for what she believes is right is worth losing everything she's fought for.

Review

I was so close to finishing this book but in the end, I just had enough. I've been putting this book off for months, ever since it's release and I have completely lost interest in the series which does happen quite often.

However, from what I have read/heard I thought it was okay. The Revolution of Ivy started from where it left off, where Ivy was left outside the fence. For the first few couple of days, she was trying to survive on her own which is a horrible start by the way. The first few chapters were unbearbly slow and I found my brain wandering off to something else.

Then Ivy encountered Caleb and Ash who took her to this group of civilization living outside of Westfall. Nothing really happens during this time except for the occasional trust issues between Caleb and Ivy and the conflict with Mark. 

Then Bishop appears. YAY! However, there were some hostility between the two since what happened, but they still love each other. So overall, the romance was great! 

When the storyline finally picks up during the last few chapters or so, I just had to stop. I couldn't bring myself to care anymore. I could barely even pay attention most of the time so I had to stopped. The Revolution of Ivy was an okay book, but I definitely enjoyed the first book way more.

My Rating: 

(DNF @ 75%)

❀❀❀



1 comment:

  1. This was a series I very sadly didn't enjoy myself. The premise & characters were all fine but, like you, I just didn't care.

    ReplyDelete