Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody (25)



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill Birmingham at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


A Week of Mondays
Author: Jessica Brody
Type: Stand-Alone
Genre: Contemporary, Young Adult
Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here ➳ Goodreads
Summary: When I made the wish, I just wanted a do-over. Another chance to make things right. I never, in a million years, thought it might actually come true...

Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she manages to take the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class election speech (note to self: never trust a cheerleader when she swears there are no nuts in her bake-sale banana bread), and to top it all off, Tristan, her gorgeous rocker boyfriend suddenly dumps her. For no good reason!

As far as Mondays go, it doesn’t get much worse than this. And Ellie is positive that if she could just do it all over again, she would get it right. So when she wakes up the next morning to find she’s reliving the exact same day, she knows what she has to do: stop her boyfriend from breaking up with her. But it seems no matter how many do-overs she gets or how hard Ellie tries to repair her relationship, Tristan always seems bent set on ending it. Will Ellie ever figure out how to fix this broken day? Or will she be stuck in this nightmare of a Monday forever?

A story about second (and third and fourth and fifth) chances. Because sometimes it takes a whole week of Mondays to figure out what you really want.
My Thoughts: Jessica Brody's books are what got me into young adult in the first place, well the book trailers did. Her works are very entertaining and very funny so I will definitely have high hopes for this book as well. I wonder if there is a book trailer for this book.




Cindy Da Readaholic.

15 comments:

  1. Never read anything by this author but this sounds like a book for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a teenage Groundhog's Day? I could totally read that!


    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of Groundhog's Day, but I might check it out!

      Delete
  3. Looks like an adorable read. Love the cover and blurb. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha the cover! That itself speaks for the author and kind of gives an idea of synopsis so I am intrigued! Its new one for me and its going to my never ending tbr so thanks for sharing! :)
    Also a NEW GFC Follower here! Yay!
    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you check it out! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  5. This looks like a good one. Great pick. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds kinda cute - though frankly I don't need a whole week of Mondays at work...lol...here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ssame, but with school not work...yet.

      Delete
  7. This one sounds like a good read! I'm a new Bloglovin' and GFC follower :-) Thanks for sharing and happy reading. Here's my WOW if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete