Monday, June 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the BookishFor future Top  Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
This week's topis is...


FREEBIE WEEK, so I chose Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations

What I identify as a good movie is how closely it is to the book, great acting and the entertainment level.

Best Adaptation


1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
I just recently watched the movie and I almost cried in the theatres even when I was expecting what was coming. Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin portrayed their roles perfectly and I cannot get over the soundtrack for the movie.


2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
What else can I say? It was amazing.


3. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
Hello? It's Harry Potter!


4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
The actors did a wonderful job bringing the characters and the story to life. 


5. The Book Thief by Mark Zusak
The acting was on point and very true to the story.

Worst Adaptation


6. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Very entertaining, but it was completely different from the book.


7. Percy Jackson: The Lightning Theif by Rick Riordan
Very off from the much loved series.


8. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Although the cast was amazing, the overall film was a snooze fest.


9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
It wasn't the worst nor was it the best. There was quite a lot missing in the movie that I wished was there.


10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
To be honest, the movie was really hard to watch and it was kind of boring.


Cindy Da Readaholic.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed Me Before You. I haven't watched it yet, but it's one of my favourite books! Great list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of the few people who didn't LOVE Me Before You - I did enjoy it but it wasn't in my top reads the year I read it. HOWEVER, I saw the trailer for the movie a few weeks ago and I cried. Watching the trailer. I reckon the movie will be tops.

    Here's my TTT - https://booksaremyfavouriteandbest.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/mixtape/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with you on the City of Bones movie - I thought it was pretty damn terrible. Another one which was completely horrible was the movie they made of Beautiful Creatures - so very, very bad, and they had such good source material too. Great list, thanks. Mine is at http://www.leiawriting.co.za/blog/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my favorite book/movie adaptations is the Emma Thompson/Hugh Grant version of Sense & Sensibility :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Book Thief, Hunger Games and Harry Potter movies, and I enjoyed The Perks Of Being A Wallflower movie though I haven't read the book. I totally agree, The Lightning Thief movie was terrible (and Sea of Monsters is even worse).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/top-ten-tuesday-63/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually liked Divergent but agree that the Percy Jackson movies really missed the mark.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete