Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review: The Last Star (The 5th Wave #3) by Rick Yancey

Type: Trilogy
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Publication Date: May 24, 2016
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Source: Hardcover // Amazon
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click HereGoodreads

Summary:  The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.

They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.

But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.

In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human.

Review

Why do you have to do this to me Rick Yancey! I had just finished a really depressing book and I was hoping this would cheer me up, but instead my mood has gone down way more than it already has. 

I really adore the 5th Wave series, I really do. But after finishing this, I don't know what to think. The first book was amazing, the second, a little less, and this last one, I don't know anymore. 

The plot has gotten very confusing that I can't really keep up with it. However, it was still a very gripping novel, especially the climax. What really got me down was the ending. I wasn't expecting that at all even though a part of me knew it could have happened. I was really hoping for a happy ending for eveyone (mostly the main characters) with all that they have been through. Although it was bittersweet, I just have this ache in my heart that needs to be filled.

The trilogy started out strongly but then it dimmed down a little, but it will still have a special place in my heart.

My Rating:

❀❀❀

No comments:

Post a Comment