Friday, June 17, 2016

Movie Review: Me Before You

Director: Thea Sharrock
Release Date: June 3, 2016
Genre: Drama, Romance
Screenwriter: Jojo Moyes
Cast: Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin, Jenna Coleman, Matthew Lewis
Based On: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Running Time: 110 minutes
Rating: PG-13
Info from: IMDB

My Review

The movie adaptation of Me Before You was an amazing romance story. It was true to the original story which was written by Jojo Moyes, who did a wonderful job bringing Louisa and Will's story to life. I knew what was going to happen but that did not stop me from being filled with these emotions. It was exciting to see the book being brought to life, but because it was a movie, there were a lot of details that were not added from the book which I thought was essential to the story. One thing that I was disappointed about was the maze. The maze had a very strong impact on Louisa which shaped the person that she was so I was really surprised that it wasn't added into it. There was this one thing that I didn't even realize until my friend pointed it out: they actually never said "I love you" to each other!  The movie was fast paced so it doesn't really feel like six months have gone by so the emotions weren't as deep as it was in the book. Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin played the role perfectly and I could not expected more from them. In this situation, I would definitely say that the book was better so I would definely recommend that you would pick it up before watching the movie because it has a much bigger story than the movie. The movie was really enjoyable as well as the soundtrack which was amazing and I am definely adding some of the songs to my playlist!

My Rating:

❀❀❀

2 comments:

  1. Nice rating. I've been wanting to go see the movie but haven't read the book yet. Some are saying it'll me more of an impact if you haven't read the book first, and like your review, many say the book is better which often happens. Still want to go see it either way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess if I probably haven't read the book, the movie would have had a much bigger impact on me since I wouldn't have very high expectations for it. Hopefully you would enjoy the movie more than I did!

      Delete