Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday: The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight #2) by Melissa Grey (20)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill Birmingham at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight #2)
Author: Melissa Grey
Type: Trilogy
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Publication Date: July 12, 2016
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click HereGoodreads

Summary: Everything in Echo's life changed in a blinding flash when she learned the startling truth: she is the firebird, the creature of light that is said to bring peace.

The firebird has come into the world, but it has not come alone. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and Echo can feel a great and terrible darkness rising in the distance. Cosmic forces threaten to tear the world apart.

Echo has already lost her home, her family, and her boyfriend. Now, as the firebird, her path is filled with even greater dangers than the ones she's already overcome.

She knows the Dragon Prince will not fall without a fight.

Echo must decide: can she wield the power of her true nature--or will it prove too strong for her, and burn what's left of her world to the ground?

Welcome to the shadow hour.
 My Thoughts: It has been quite a while since I read the first book and I think I forgot most of what happened, but I do remember that I really enjoyed it so I am so excited to read this book. Also, check out my review for the first book [here].



Cindy Da Readaholic.

7 comments:

  1. I still have to read the first instalment, but I have it on my list and, based on your previous review, I think I'm going to really enjoy it as well!

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW :)
    Also, I'm a new follower via GFC and Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know it was the second in a series? Though to be fair, I was thoroughly distracted by the gorgeous cover! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/05/11/wow-bucky-fcking-dent/

    ReplyDelete
  3. TGaM is still siting on my shelf, unread. I'll have to pick it up before this one releases. Nice pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVED The Girl at Midnight! I can't wait for this one! I hope it lives up to expectations :)

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series is new to me. I hope you enjoy reading this book!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read the first one in this series, but it sounded good, so guess I should try to do that soon! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I cannot wait to read this book as well! The Girl at Midnight was one of my favorite books last year. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete