Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review: The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 3: Commercial Suicide (The Wicked + The Divine) by Kieron Gillen

Artist: Jamie McKelvie
Type: Graphic Novel
Genre: Fantasy
Publication Date: February 6, 2016
Publisher: Image Comics
Source: Library
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click HereGoodreads


Summary:  After the detonation of FANDEMONIUM the gods-as-pop-stars of THE WICKED + THE DIVINE try living in the long dark shadow. 

Team WicDiv are joined by a stellar cast of guest artists to put the spotlight on each of the gods. The multiple Eisner Award nominated series continues in the only way it knows how: darker, weirder, faster. Don't worry. It's going to be okay.

Collects THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #12-17

Review

There is nothing more that I can say except that I am so disappointed with this volume. The last volume had me hooked. I was so impatient to get the next one to see what is going to happen next. However, this turned out to be an utter letdown.

The story got so confusing. I had no idea what was going on and as I continue on, I was puzzled with everything. The story was already confusing before but now it just got a whole lot more complicated that I can't even keep up with it. Each issue seems complately useless and it was just a bore to read.

Don't get me started on the artwork. Although the artwork was, as always, superb, everything is just all over the place. Each issue is drawn by different artists so it was hard to connect them together.

I cannot express how disappointed I was with this volume. I completely lost my interest in the story. I don't think I will contine on with the series, let alone finish this one.

My Rating:

DNF 

No comments:

Post a Comment