Saturday, May 7, 2016

Review: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Type: Trilogy
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Young Adult
Date Published: September 29, 2015
Publisher: Henry Holt and Company
Source: Hardcover // Amazon

Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here Goodreads
Summary:  Summary: Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...


A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.




Review

I actually enjoyed this series more than I expected it to be. At first, I was really hesitant to read this book mostly because of the ending in the Grisha trilogy, but I am so glad that I gave this new series a chance. Six of Crows takes place in the same setting as the Grisha trilogy but it focuses on a new group of teens that are working together on a big heist. 

To be honest, I actually enjoyed this series more, but it is definitely too soon to tell. It is just so wonderful! The characters were my favorite aspect of the book. They are all uniquely different from each other, but they fit well together. I just can't help but care for everyone of these characters as the story progress.

The world building was amazing. It took me a couple of pages to actually get back into the world, but after that, I was completely enthralled with the book. The complexity of the plot kept me intrigued the entire time. Everything happened so quickly in the book and it just left me hanging at the end, like I need the other book right now!

Basically, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves adventure and fantasy. It was definitely a perfect read during the fall season and for those who did not want to read this book because they didn't like the Grisha trilogy, I would definitely recommend this to you guys. 

My Rating:

❀❀❀❀

1 comment:

  1. I just bought this book the other day and I didn't know that it has the same world as the Girsha Trilogy! I didn't read that, so I hope that I can still understand this.

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete