Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Review: The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy

Type: Stand- Alone
Genre: Mystery, Young Adult
Date Published: August 18, 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: Hardcover // Library
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here-> Goodreads

Summary:   Eleven years ago, Stella and Jeanie disappeared. Stella came back. Jeanie never did.

Now all she wants is a summer full of cove days, friends, and her gorgeous crush—until a fresh corpse leads Stella down a path of ancient evil and secrets.

Stella believes remembering what happened to Jeanie will save her. It won’t.

She used to know better than to believe in what slinks through the shadows. Not anymore.

Review

I was really excited to read this. It sounds very creepy and mysterious which I have been getting into for a while now. Two girls wandered into the woods but only one came back. (Does that not grab your attention at all?) Eleven years later, a corpse was found which leads Stella to solve the ongoing case of what happened the day she disappeared.

To be honest, I was actually about to put down the book because of how much I hate the characters in the first place. I could not stand them at all, they were simple-minded and there wasn't anything about them that makes them interesting at all. 

Stella is your typical popular girl, who tries her best to go on with her life with the aftermath of her childhood. There isn't really anything interesting about her at all. I just find her annoying especially her best friend Zoey. However, who I did like was Daniel. He is mysterious, dark and twisted and he intrigued me the most. 

The book definitely turned for the better. It was definitely something that I did not expect at all, but I have to admit, it was really hard to finish this book. There were a lot of times where it was so slow that I almost fell asleep but I glad that I at least made it through the book even though I skimmed through like 50 pages.

Overall, I thought that it was okay; it was not the best but not the worst. The twist at the done done wonderfully and it did redeem some of my ill feelings towards it.

My Rating:

❀❀❀

No comments:

Post a Comment