Saturday, April 16, 2016

Review: The Rose Society by Marie Lu (The Young Elites #2)

Type: Series
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Date Published: October 13, 2015
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Source: Hardcover // Amazon
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here  Goodreads

SPOILER FOR THE SERIES!
Summary: Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

Review

I cannot express how much I love this series.  Marie Lu has a way of captivating her readers into there uniquely created words that she builds and it is porbably what I love most about her books. Another thing that I like about her books is that it just gets better and better!


After the events of the last book, Adelina and her sister is on the run and are looking for other malfettos to join her in their cause in taking down her ex-friends while the Young Elites are seeking an alliance with a nearby kingdom to free the other malfettos.

The Rose Society is probably one of my favorite reads in 2015. Adelina is unlike any other protagonist that I have ever read about. In this book Adelina embraces her dark side and it was typically refreshing to read about an antagonistic protagonist. I actually thought that I would start to hate her but I just can't. Adelina is a fairly complex character and I can't help but root for her, seeing as we know what made her the person she is right now.

At the end of The Young Elite, we were introduced to a new character a.k.a. Maeve, who happens to have the ability to raise the dead so we can probably she what is going to happen in this book. There is also a lot of new characters introduced in this book as well and each one stands out from one another. They all have their own unique personalities and that makes them very interesting.

The series is definitely reaching its climax right now, and I really enjoyed it, but I get confused as to what is going on most of the time. Adelina's illusions are playing mind games with her and sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference between the illusion and what is going on. 

Overall, I thought this book was amazing. There wasn't really a cliffhanger at the end, but it definitely made me want to read more and I can't wait for it to come out!

My Rating:

❀❀❀❀


No comments:

Post a Comment