Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wrap Up: January 2016

So January hasn't really been good reading month for me, but I really hope I can improve this month!


Completed:
Henchgirl by Rita Stradling
Henchgirl was an amazing book and I don't see why it has not gain much attention right now. I really enjoyed this book so much. The world was just so unique and the writing wasjust as awesome. I think I m,ight have found my new favorite author! Review to come sometime this month.
Rating: 5/5
Click Here Goodreads


Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young
Hotel Ruby drew me in with its unique storyline, but I can't say I was not hesitant to pick this up because I did not like Suzanne Young's other book. So I basically went into this with low expectations and I must say, it surprised me in many ways that I cannot even fathom! All in all, I was really amazed with this book.
Click Here Goodreads
Rating: 4/5


Craving U by Llarjme
Cute contemporary book about two friend falling in love. It was okay, but I did not like it as much as I thought I would.
Click Here Goodreads

My Review: [ let's go! ]
Rating: 3/5


Air Awakens by Elise Kova
A fantasy book about megical element and it was great, but not so much as to keep me dying to read the next book.

Click Here Goodreads
Rating: 3.5~4/5



The Twistedly True Tale of Ruby Hood by Stephanie Greenhalgh
This was a really short book and I was able to finish it in one day. It is a retelling with little red riding hood with other fairy tales mixed into it, but I just wished for it to be longer and to see the world be developed a little bit longer.


Click Here Goodreads
Rating: 3/5


Currently Reading:


The Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
A classic that I have to read for my English class. I think that it would probably take me about two months for me to finish this book because we are on a very slow reading schedule and it is so long. Charles Dicken like to be very descriptive with his work, but I really just want him to get straight to the point most of the time. Currently, I am kind of enjoying the book right now and things are starting to get interesting so I can't wait to see how things will go from there.
Click Here  Goodreads
The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingslover
Another school book that I need to read. This is for a mini book club that my class is having and I can't say that I enjoyed it that much. It was really interesting but I just couldn't really get into it. Hopefully I can finish this by the end of this week and read some other books that I am really excited about. 

Click Here  Goodreads

Illuminae by Amie Koffman and Jay Kristoff
I originally wasn't even planning on picking this book up at all because the size of it definitely scares me and it was getting a lot of hype even before its release so I want to see if it lives up to it.

Click Here  Goodreads
Reflection: The Stranger in the Mirror
One of the books that I am reading for my NetGalley challenge and so far, I am quite enjoying it so I hope I can finish it by the end of this month and do a review for it.

Click Here  Goodreads






Plan to Read:

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Passenger sounds like an interesting book and it is gaining a lot of attention right now so I want to see how amazing it really is.

Click Here  Goodreads
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
One of my most anticipated books of the month of February and I am defintely going to pick this up right away!

Click Here  Goodreads

Stars Above by Marissa Meyers
A bunch of novella based on the Lunar Chronicles world and I am dying to get my hands on it. To be fairly honest, I am only picking this up to read the epilogue scene at the end and I am dying to see what happens.

Click Here  Goodreads

The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine
I am really intrigued by the premise of the book so I hope I can get into this book this month, but if not, then I hope I can read it the following month.

Click Here  Goodreads






So that is pretty much all the books that I read the previous month and what I am planning on reading this month. Hopefully, I can get my school reading finish so that I can focus more time on these amazing books coming out this February as well as catching up to my reading goals. I hope you guys enjoy this post and I will see you guys next time!


Da Readaholic.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of your reads! I really loved Illuminae, so I hope you do too. It's big, but it's a very quick read with the various narrative formats.

    I need to finish the Lunar Chronicles, but I'm still excited about Stars Above!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I checked out Henchgirl and it sounds like such a good book so I definitely want to read it. I read Hotel Ruby's synopsis and I didn't like the sound of it but it's still on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete