Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Review: The White Rose by Amy Ewing (The Lone City #2)

Type: Trilogy
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult
Date Published: October 6, 2015
Publisher: HarperTeen
Source: Hardcover // Library
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here ➳ Goodreads

Spoiler For The Series!

Summary: Violet is on the run. After the Duchess of the Lake catches Violet with Ash, the hired companion at the Palace of the Lake, Violet has no choice but to escape the Jewel or face certain death. So along with Ash and her best friend, Raven, Violet runs away from her unbearable life of servitude.

But no one said leaving the Jewel would be easy. As they make their way through the circles of the Lone City, Regimentals track their every move, and the trio barely manages to make it out unscathed and into the safe haven they were promised—a mysterious house in the Farm.

But there’s a rebellion brewing, and Violet has found herself in the middle of it. Alongside a new ally, Violet discovers her Auguries are much more powerful than she ever imagined. But is she strong enough to rise up against the Jewel and everything she has ever known?

The White Rose is a raw, captivating sequel to The Jewel that fans won’t be able to put down until the final shocking moments.



Review:

This book surprised me in the best ways possible. I didn't like the first book because the content surprised me a little, but after I got a handle on myself and read the second book, I kind of enjoyed it. I love the general direction the series is heading off and I definitely want to read more. 

After the Lady of the Lake found out about Violet's "affair" with Ash, they escaped with the help of some friends and foe as they try to take down this caste system by gathering as many supporters as they can.

First of all, I should say that the cover designs for this series is magnificent. The cover was what actually brought my attention back into this series that I originally did not want to continue so I should really thank the wonderful designer of this cover for bringing me back into this world.

The White Rose started off in a much slower pace than I thought it would, but I managed to keep up with it and read it to the very end. The plot of this book thickens as we learned how these girls have this amazing powers and how they are going to destroy the caste system they live in. The turn in this series was truly amazing and I can't help but enjoy this series.

I still do not like Violet at all; she is annoying and I just can't stand her but she did become a little less intolerable as the story progresses and she went through a big character development that I am so glad to see. However, I am still not a big fan of the romance between Violet and Ash but it is a bit better than most instaloves that I have read.

The ending was just amazing. It was not what I was expecting at all and it just makes me want to continue on with this series. The series definitely gets better and better so I can't wait for the turnout of the next book and hopefully, it will live up to my expectations because I really want to enjoy this series.

My Rating:

❀❀❀

No comments:

Post a Comment