Monday, February 29, 2016

Review: Henchgirl by Rita Stradling

Type: Series
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Publication Date: January 12, 2016
Source: eBook received for a read-to-review basis
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here Goodreads


Summary: The children of dragons and humans, the dracons, control eighty percent of the world’s governments. Humans worldwide are either subservient or prey. On the small vacation island of Mabi, humans call for war.

Sixteen year old Dakota Kekoa lives a double life. By day, she pretends to be a human to infiltrate Mabi Academy, a 'human's only' high-school. At night, she works as a henchman for her draconic mafia family, utilizing her ability to steal and manipulate emotions.

When Dakota’s human friend is kidnapped, she takes on the mission to find her. This is not just any mission though; she is diving head first into the escalating conflict between humans and dracons. As more girls disappear and some are discovered dead, Dakota realizes her first honorable mission may also be her last.

Review

Henchgirl is probably one of the best books I have read this year and is probably going to be my favorite book of all time. The world was  unique, the characters stand out and I just love everything about it. It was a very refreshing read and I can't wait to read more about it. 

Dakota is a dracon a.k.a dragon-human hybrid who comes from a very powerful family. She disguises herself as a human to go to a human-only school where she befriends a strange girl who disappears one day. The book is mostly about her looking for her friend with the help of a very powerful dracon.

There is also a very interesting set of characters here. Dakota is like any bad-ass heroine that I have read about, but there is more to her. She is witty and kind of funny even though she really isn't the type to be that way. Wyvern is a character that I love reading about. That is pretty much how I can descibe him. Then there's Dakota's grandfather who is a very complicated person. Basically, every character in this book was interesting and unique in their own way.

One of the reasons why I really enjoyed this book so much is because of the writing which really captivated me and why I was able to read this book in one sitting, which is something that I have not been able to do for a while. Rita Stradling's writing style was very entertaining for me and I would love to read more books from her.

Overall, I am thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was entertaining and amazing and just aroud wonderful. I would highly recommend this book because I have not seen this book around a lot and it should receive the attention that it deserves.

My Rating:

❀❀❀❀

No comments:

Post a Comment