Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Review: Life After the Undead by Pembroke Sinclair

Type: Series
Genre: Sci-Fi, Zombies, Young Adult
Publication Date: October 27, 2015
Publisher: Booktrope
Source: E-Copy received from the author for honest review.
Where To Get ItAmazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here Goodreads


Summary: Seventeen-year-old Krista must quickly figure out how she’s going to survive in the zombie-destroyed world. The one advantage humans have is that the zombies hate humid environments, so they’re migrating west to escape its deteriorating effects. The survivors plan to construct a wall at North Platte to keep the undead out, and Krista has come to Nebraska to start a new life.
Zombies aren’t the only creatures she has to be cautious of—the other survivors have a dark side. Krista must fight not only to live but also to defend everything she holds dear—her country, her freedom, and ultimately, those she loves.

Join Krista in her quest to survive in this thrilling apocalyptic novel by Pembroke Sinclair.

Review

After a pandemic broke out that turned people into zombies, Krista seeks refuge in Florida along with other survivors. She is reunited with her cousin Liet, who has risen to power during the apocalypse. 

Life After the Undead was a pretty good book. This is my first apocalyptic zombie book so I was pretty glad that I didn't not like it at all. The plot was really interesting. The first half of the book was very slow and uninteresting, it was mostly about surviving and getting as much supplies as they can to survive. It didn't really pick up until the very end when all the conflicts unveil.

I am not a big fan of the romance. It felt kind of like insta-love and I did not find it done well at all. The relationship between Quinn and Krista just felt unreal and there doesn't seem to be any love at all. Quinn takes really good care of Krista and their relationship seem to be more on the friendly side than romantic.

Liet was a fantastic character. He has different sides to him that shows very nicely in book and I find him to have been written well. He appears to be a dictator, treating everyone harshly unbeknownst to Krista who she sees as someone trying to restore order and trying his best to help others. Krista, however, I did not like. I find her to be weak and whiny. She doesn't really go through much of a character development and she appears to be the same girl as she was when she was thirteen.

Overall, I thought it was an okay book for my first zombie book. However, I didn't particularly enjoy it nor do I hate it. It was slow at times and I seem to have some troubles with it but it didn't really bother me as much.

My Rating:

❀❀❀

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing my book! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete