Saturday, January 9, 2016

Quick Chat: Genres


Hey guys! So I thought I would tell you guys about some of the genres that I really like and some that I don't. I hope this will help you guys clearly understand my opinion on books that I typically enjoy. Without further adieu, lets get started!


Fantasy
One of my all time favorite genre would be Fantasy. I love reading reading fantasy. It never gets old and there are a million possibilities in a new world that you can just make up. It is just a great genre and I could see myself still loving this genre in the very future.

Contemporary
Contemporary isn't really a genre that I typically enjoy. It is definitely a 50/50 for me. I read an abundant amount of books from this genre and I pretty much have mixed feelings about it. Some were amazing and some I just straight out didn't like at all. Romance contemporary have a tendency to really bore me because I feel like I am reading the same thing, but if you throw in more adventure into it, then that would definitely be the type of book that I would definitely pick up.

Mysteries
Mysteries are probably one of my favorite books out there. I love reading mysteries and finding out who did it and amazed.

Historical Fiction
I love history and from most of the historical fiction books that I have read, I really enjoyed it. However, sometimes it get a little slow and boring especially when it is about royalty, court life, politics and all that.

Science Fiction
When I was very little, I really enjoy sci-fi novels like the Hunger Games, but as I got older and read more books, I find the genre kind of boring. However, I haven't particualrly given up the entire genre wholly. I am still reading some that interests me right now so I don't know how that will go.

Dystopian
Dystopian was a very popular genre when I first got involved in the book community. Currently, I am realizing that finding a great dystopian book that I would really enjoy is like finding a needle in a haystack. 

Retellings
I love retellings. I love seeing how authors twist around some of our favorite characters from our favorite stories into something very unique and different tham what we expected from the original. Retellings are definitely my favorite and I am definitely looking for more to get into.

I know there are probably more genres out there that I have really enjoyed but I just didn't add it in here because I just forgot. Anyway, I hope you guys have a great day and see ya!



Da Readaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment