Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review: Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini

Type: Trilogy
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Date Published: September 2, 2014
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Source: Hardcover // Book Outlet

Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here  Goodreads

Summary: This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying experiences that others in her hometown of Salem take for granted, which is why she is determined to enjoy her first high school party with her best friend and longtime crush, Tristan. But after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class, Lily wishes she could just disappear.

Suddenly, Lily is in a different Salem—one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruelest of them all is Lillian . . . Lily's other self in this alternate universe.

What makes Lily weak at home is what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. In this confusing world, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can't hope to shoulder alone and a love she never expected.

Review

I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. I was very hesitant to pick this book up because I don't like reading about sicknesses. They bother me a lot so I don't really have many experiences with them. However, this was definitely different from what I expected it to be. 

Lily is a very sick girl living in modern-day Salem who couldn't do much due to her sickness. Then she was transported to an alternate Salem where there are witches and magic. Here, Lily discovers that her allergies doesn't bother her there. However, other dangers arise for Lily when she finds out that her alternate self, Lillian, is evil and many people wants her dead.

It was entertaining and shorter than I expected so it was a really quick read. Josephine Angelini did a great job creating an original story and a wonderful world. It was very detailed and I could picture it in my mind.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The romance wasn't so bad itself and I enjoy reading about it. I am anticipating the next book that is going to be released later on and  can't wait to get my hands on it!

My Rating:

❀❀❀❀


No comments:

Post a Comment