Friday, November 27, 2015

Review: This Is So Not Happening (He's So/ She's So #3) by Kieran Scott

Type: Trilogy
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Date Published: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: Hardcover // Library
Where To Get It: Amazon | Book Depository | Barnes and Noble

Click Here  Goodreads

Spoiler For Series!

Summary: After their long summer apart, Ally and Jake were hoping for a drama free senior year. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like things will work out that way...again. — It turns out that Chloe is pregnant and says that Jake is the father. Hammond is pissed at his best friend, but mostly can't believe that Ally would stay with Jake. But Ally is tired of being apart from Jake and is willing to make it work. But that is easier said than done when Jake starts blowing Ally off to go to doctor's appointments with Chloe and Ally joins the school play and meets a new cute guy.
But as graduation approaches, things get more complicated as new secrets come out and Ally realizes maybe Jake isn't the guy she thought he was. After everything they've been through can Ally and Jake get out of Orchard Hill with their relationship intact?

Review

I read the first two books a long time ago and I really enjoyed it. I didn't know that there was a third book in the series and I was pretty surprised to find it in my library. To start off, I thought that this was an amazing ending to one of my favorite contemporaries, but I was kind of disappointed. So this book continued off from the second one to a few weeks later where Ally and Jake are happily dating. However, Chloe got pregnant and disaster struck.

The characters in this book pissed me off. To be fair, everyone pissed me off at least once in the series. They became so unbearably annoying that I had to put the book down a few times. Jake was an a** for many reasons in the first place. I admire Ally for giving Jake another chance even though he did mess up a lot, but it bothers me that she forgave him so easily. 

Overall, I find this book to be a good ending, if not the best. The characters piss me off, but the entire plot was really interesting. I loved how it ended and I sort of cried at the end. There was a lot of drama which I find both entertaining and annoying.

My Rating:

❀❀❀❀

No comments:

Post a Comment