Thursday, October 15, 2015

Review: Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer





Hey guys! Sorry I haven't post in awhile, but I am still adjusting to my new schedule and I hope I can get back on my feet sooner rather than later. I seriously missed this and I hope you guys enjoy this post!


Type: Stand- Alone
Genre: Magical Realism, Contemporary, Young Adult
Date Published: June 2, 2015
Publisher: Harper Collins
Source: Hardcover/ Library

Click Here-> Goodreads

Summary: Before: It was the perfect summer of first kisses, skinny-dipping, and bonfires by the lake. Joy, Tali, Luce, and Zoe knew their final summer at Camp Okahatchee would come to an end, but they swore they’d stay friends.

After: Now, two years later, their bond has faded along with those memories.

Then: That is, until the fateful flash of a photo booth camera transports the four of them back in time, to the summer they were fifteen—the summer everything changed.

Now: The girls must recreate the past in order to return to the present. As they live through their second-chance summer, the mystery behind their lost friendship unravels, and a dark secret threatens to tear the girls apart all over again.

Always: Summers end. But this one will change them forever.


Review: This was definitely an interesting read for me. I thought that it was okay and I enjoyed it. The story has a nice flow to it that mades me want to read more. 

At first, I thought that they were going to relive their summer together, but I did not expect them to actually travel back in time to relive. I thought that it was more about the girls discovering themselves and showing that friendship was important than it is about figuring out what happened to them that made the girls fall apart. Joy, Tali, Luce and Zoey could not be more different than ever. It was hard to imagine them used to being friends, but I could sense this familiarity with the girls.

Tali annoyed me a lot in this book which I totally get, being a teenager and all, but at the end, she did warm up to me. Zoey seemed to be the most unsure of herself and Luce doesn’t seem to capture my attention at all. Joy is the mysterious one of the group and it was pretty predictable what she was up to.


Proof of Forever was definitely an emotional read. Most of the events are predictable which doesn’t surprise me at all. It was hard to get into and was definitely a slow read, but overall, it was okay.


My Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment