Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Sword of Summer (5)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill Birmingham at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 



The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Publication Date: October 6, 2015
Genre: Fantasy, Mythology, Young Adult
Publisher: Disney Hyperion

Click Here-> Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis: Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.
One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.

The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .



My Thoughts: I am so excited for this new book from Rick Riordan. It sounds so interesting and I just want it in my hands right now. I don't know much about Norse mythology except for a few little tidbits that I picked from from watching Marvels movies. (I know. Kind of a geek here) However, that does not make this new series the least bit exciting. 

Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors out there so I have very high expectations for it. Because the protagonist is named Magnus Chase, I wonder if he is related to Annabeth or not. I would definitely be expecting a crossover if that happens to be true! I need more Percibeth moments in my life.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    I have tagged you to do I mustache you some questions tag. You can find the post here

    I mustache you some questions tag

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting. I haven't read a mythology book in forever. Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of excited for this one, although I didn't enjoy the Egyptian series, I loved Percy Jackson. So will be interested to see how this one goes. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete