Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Contemporary Authors (4)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the BookishFor future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
This week's topis is...
A Freeebie! So I am going to do it on some of my favorite contemporary authors.

Now, I don't really read a lot of contemporary books. I don't hate them or anything, it is just that I don't enjoy them as much as I do with my fantasy. 


1. Jessica Brody
During my earlier years as a reader, one of my earliest contemporaries I read are from Jessica Brody. Anyway, how was I able to pick up one of her books? Well, it is because of the book trailers I watched on Youtube. So yeah, I remember that I really enjoyed reading her books so I am going to include it on the list.

2. Ally Carter
One of my favorite authors out there. I haven't picked up her new series yet, but I hope to start on it sometime this year.

3. Jenny Han
Jenny Han is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors out there even though I just discovered her books this year. I have read the Burn for Burn trilogy and the To All the Boys I've Loved Before duology. I would've picked up The Summer I Turned Pretty series, but I was kind of spoiled for the ending so I didn't bother picking it up.

4. Kasie West
Kasie West has a knack of writing cute, contemporary books which I enjoy reading in the summer.

5. Kat Carlton
Really enjoyed her spy series and I can't wait for the next one to come out.

6. Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jennifer L. Armentrout is also another author I recently discovered and I fell in love with her writing. It made me wonder why I haven't read her book before now.

7. E. Lockhart
I fell in love with her writing style in We Were Liars and I absolutely enjoyed it. I hope to read more from her in the future.

8. Wendelin van Draanen
My childhood author right here. The Sammy Keyes series is my childhood. I haven;t read her other works, but when I was little, I did watch Flipped and I really enjoyed it. My only regret was that I never gotten around to reading it.

9. Kieran Scott
I only read one trilogy by Kieran Scott and that is the She's So/ He's So series. I enjoyed the first two and the last one was kind of eh, but I really enjoyed the series though. 

10. James Patterson
I only read the Confessions series by him and I really enjoyed it, so whenever he publishes a new YA book, I might pick it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment