Saturday, September 12, 2015

Alex + Ada Vol.1 by Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn Review

Type: Graphic Novel
Genre: Sci- Fi, Fiction
Date Published: July 16, 2014
Publisher: Image Comics
Source: Library

Click Here -> Goodreads

Summary of Vol.1: The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids. But after Ada is dropped into his life, he discovers she is more than just a robot.




Review: So I have finally gotten able to read this graphic. Previously, I borrowed it from the library, but I wan't able to read it before returning it so I was glad that I got my hand on it.

Alex + Ada takes place in the future where there are improved technologies, holograms, Artificial Intelligence and controlling things with your mind. Alex has just gotten over a break up when his grandmother get him an X5 to keep him company. At first, Alex was relunctant as to what to do with her, but after a while, he began to get comfortable around her.

I thought that I was really going to enjoy it, but it was not what I expected at all. The artwork was okay and the premise and storyline sounds amazing, but it just leaves me disappointed. It just wasn't my type of story at all. I was not very comfortable with the whole human falling in love with an android. It just seems wierd for me and just no.

I thought that it was mediocre. It was just unbelievable at times and it was very hard to read, but I was able to get through it because it was short and was able to read the second volume as well. 

Avg. Rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment