Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Marvels (4)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill Birmingham at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 




The Marvels by Brian Selznick
Publication Date: September 15, 2015
Genre: Fiction, Young Adult
Publisher: Scholastic

Click Here -> Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis: Two seemingly unrelated stories--one in words, the other in pictures--come together. The illustrated story begins in 1766 with Billy Marvel, the lone survivor of a shipwreck, and charts the adventures of his family of actors over five generations. The prose story opens in 1990 and follows Joseph, who has run away from school to an estranged uncle's puzzling house in London, where he, along with the reader, must piece together many mysteries.

My Thoughts: The reason that I was so excited for this book is because it half of it is told in pictures and the other half is told in writing so it really piqued my interest. I hope to get this book soon and start on it. Although I don't read a lot of historical fiction, this sounds really interesting and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

1 comment:

  1. I recently just saw a lot of craze on this book, so I decided to add it to my TBR list. It seems really interesting that half of it is illustrations, but that's what makes it unique! Hope you enjoy :)

    Here's my WoW!

    Your GFC follower, Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete