Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

Type: Stand- Alone
Genre: Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Date Published: September 3, 2013
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Source: E-Book

Click Here-> Goodreads

Summary: Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave.
One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.

Review: This book was definitely hard to get into at the beginning. It was slow and I got bored, but I was glad that I did not give up on it. This book was phenomenal.

The world is very interesting. It takes place in a world like ours, but we co-exist with vampires who are locked up in walled cities called Coldtowns. It follows Tana and her infected boyfriend (whose name I have forgotten right now) traveled to Coldtown.

The concept was confusing for a vampire book, and even when I finished it, I still don't get it. It was very descriptive and I really enjoyed Holly Black’s writing style. The story was very captivating and an interesting take on vampires.

It was very enjoyable. This doesn’t seem like a stand-alone at all and I want to read more from this world. There are some holes at the end that I believe would be able to be turned into a sequel.


My Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment