Friday, July 3, 2015

July 2015 Book Releases

This month doesn't seem to have a lot of new releases that I am anticipating for which is okay since it will give me more time to read other books on my TBR shelf.



July 7:

The Fixer
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
About: When sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick is sent to live with her older sister, Ivy, she has no idea that the infamous Ivy Kendrick is Washington D.C.'s #1 “fixer,” known for making politicians' scandals go away for a price...
My thoughts: I think it would be very interesting because I do enjoy reading about politics, so want to see how it turns out.

The Heart of Betrayal
(Sequel to the Remnant Chronicles)
Author: Mary E. Pearson

Ink and Bone
Author: Rachel Caine
About: Ruthless and supremely powerful, the Great Library is now a presence in every major city, governing the flow of knowledge to the masses. Alchemy allows the Library to deliver the content of the greatest works of history instantly—but the personal ownership of books is expressly forbidden.
My thoughts: I wasn't going to pick this up, but since there are already a lot of greats reviews for it, I could give it a try.

July 21:

The Wicked + The Divine Volume 2: Fandemonium
(Sequel to The Faust Act)
Author: Kieron Gillen
Artist: Jamie McKelvie
About: Second volume of the graphic novel series about a bunch of gods reincarnated into "superstars."

The Fading Dusk
Author: Melissa Giorgio
About: In the gritty city of Dusk, seventeen-year-old Irina makes her living as the street magician Bantheir’s assistant. The job isn’t glamorous, but she loves the crowds, the shows, and most of all, the illusion of magic. But Irina’s world is shattered the night she is arrested and charged as Bantheir’s accomplice to murder—murder by magic...
My thoughts: Just sound very intriguing and it seems like a historical fiction book (I think) which I haven't read a lot of so I hope it will be a good experience for me.

Pretending to Be Erica
Author: Michelle Painchaud
About: Violet pretends to be a kidnapped rich heiress in a con to steal some valuables.
My thoughts: I do love reading about spies and thieves so I am definitely excited for this.






No comments:

Post a Comment