Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Best Books of 2015 So Far

As of right now, I have read about 70 books so far which is a great thing and most of them are new releases. I really enjoyed most of the book so here is my list of books that I have read so far that I really enjoy. Lately, I have been reading a lot of fantasy this year, so this list would include a lot of that.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
I really enjoyed this series a lot and it made me question why I did not pick it up earlier. The world is just so wonderful and I can see what all the hype is about. 

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Great revenge story and wonderful writing style. I read Jenny Han's other book, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, and I really enjoyed it so I wanted to pick up her other works and I was not disappointed at all. Because of this book, I wanted to pick out more revenge stories to read and I also want to read more of Siobhan Vivian's other works seeing as I enjoyed this trilogy a lot.

Ensnared by A.G. Howard
The conclusion to the Splintered trilogy and it was so amazing. I loved how everything turned out at the end and it was just wonderful.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Of course this book was going to make it into this list. This was a really good fairy tale retelling and I just love the fact that it deals with fae which is soo Sarah J. Maas.

The Wrath and the  Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
I just fell in love with this story and it was just amazing. Although, I do have trouble pronouncing the names in the book and also the terms they use.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
One of the best contemporary novel that I have read so far. It just gave me all the feels and just wow. I love E. Lockharts writing style and it just made me cry. It is also very short so I flew by it really quickly.

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
The concept of this book is so unique and the characters are just well developed. It was just a very fun and interesting read that I really enjoy.

The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Also a very interesting concept in the fantasy world and I just love it! This book takes a darker turn in the fantasy world and the female protagonist isn't a very nice character to read about, but it was still very exciting.

The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
War between dragons and birds and a human girl trying to look for a mystical creature... just wow.

Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
Very descriptive and creates a very vivid picture in my mind. This book just made me fall in love with Scotland and all its glory.

Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen
The sequel to Stolen Songbird and it did not disappoint at all!

Two Lies and a Spy by Kat Carlton
I was a little hesistant to pick this book up because I haven't heard much about it and to be honest, I was't really a fan of the cover art, but it appeared in my reccomendations on Goodread so whatever. I didn't really like the development of the characters  as the writing was kid of bland, but the plot was really interesting and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment