Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Genre: Comtemporary, Revenge
Type: Trilogy
Date Published: September 18, 2012
Sequel: Fire with Fire (August 13, 2013)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Summary: Postcard-perfect Jar Island is the kind of place where nobody locks their doors at night, where parents can sleep easy, knowing their daughters are tucked away safe and sound in their beds.
But bad things can happen, even to good girls, and sometimes the only way to make things right is do something wrong.

Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they've each had a taste. 


Click Here-> Goodreads


Review: I really enjoyed this book. It was fast paced and it just blew my mind. I love Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian's writing style and how they were able to make me want to read more. Burn for Burn is about three completely different girls brought together to get revenge on those who wronged them. 

First of all, I really enjoyed reading about Mary, Lillia, and Kat; they are so different from each other so it was fun reading from each of their perspective and getting to know them better. Lillia is the typical popular girl, Mary the shy one, and Kat who is more of the edgy and troublemaker of the trio. Out of all of them, I would find Mary to be the most interesting one of all. There wasn't much that we know about her and it just made her seem so mysterious.

It was kind of cliché. There are so many stereotypes in the high school that made the plot kind of predictable, but there were some twists and turns. I also like the fact that it included some diversity in the book which I don't see often (Lillia and she's KOREAN!). However, unlike most typical cliché books, there are no love triangles which is a plus. 

Overall, it was a really interesting book and my first revenge book at that. It was fun to read this because it is so different than Revenge on ABC which I really enjoyed so I didn't really know if I  would enjoy it at first. 

My Rating: 5/5