Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

Genre: Fantasy, Adult
Type: Trilogy
Date Released: July 8, 2014
Sequel: The Invasion of the Tearling (June 9, 2015)
Publisher: Harper

Summary: On her nineteenth birthday, Princess Kelsea Raleigh Glynn, raised in exile, sets out on a perilous journey back to the castle of her birth to ascend her rightful throne. Plain and serious, a girl who loves books and learning, Kelsea bears little resemblance to her mother, the vain and frivolous Queen Elyssa....

Click Here: Goodreads

Review: I enjoyed this book soo much and I am super excited for the next book. There were some problems with it, like the fact that it was kind of slow in the beginning as it was building the world. In the end, there were some kind of action, but it was still kind of slow. The world is what I find kind of interesting. It takes place in the future with people moving from the countries that we know today to a different continent, I think, where they began a new settlement like the medieval times with a monarchy, except there is no technology and there is magic.

I love Kelsea.  There wasn't much of a romance blossoming in the book, which is something that I usually enjoy, but I don't seem to mind it because it was fantastic story even though I would really like one. Overall, it was a pretty fine book. The characters were amazing, the world was really unique and the story was definitely the best part.

I am definitely anticipating the next book and I want to read more about the Red Queen. We don't seem to get to know her that well and I wanted to know how the two sapphire necklaces play a part in this adventure.

My Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment