Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Program by Suzanne Young

Genre: Sci-fi, Romance
Type: Duology
Date Published: April 30, 2013
Sequel: The Treatment (April 29, 2014)
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Summary: Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories...

Click Here -> Goodreads


Review: I did not enjoy this book as much as I hoped for. The idea of suicide as an epidemic was not really explained well.  I kind of find the world kind of ridiculous because if you showed any kind of negative emotions, you may have the epidemic? I know that suicide is a serious issue, but that is just absurd. 

I didn't really connect to Sloane very well. I find her annoying because while I was reading it, it seems like she talks about James all the time. During the middle of the story, I got really frustrated with the characters. I can tell that there was something up with Realm and that he would play an important role in the story and I was pretty sure what he was really up to. The ending was pretty predictable. I thought it was going to steer into a different direction, but noo, it was just as I thought it would be.

My Rating: 2/5